It’s a great pleasure to welcome you into this section because it lets me know that you have been interested in my previous works and that you are ready to take the next step and find out how much do these services cost?
Firstly I will try to explain how do I make pricing for my services.
To begin with, I want to make it clear that this is my primary source of income, and it is possible that the following pricing conditions do not apply to other photographers or videographers who are doing this at their free time from their primary job or are just taking their first steps in this profession.
- Taking photos or filming video – creative process. The creative time that we spend together, it can be both – a couple of hours or even several days. (Very often people forget or do not know that the photographer’s work does not end as soon as he places his camera down and packs his bags, so I’ll list the remaining stages of our work);
- Journey – time spent on the road, fuel, and food. These conditions are always variable, but they are just as important to my work as any other. It’s possible that in order to conduct a photo session, I’ll have to spend several hours on the road in both directions (before and after the session), which, of course, spends not only time but also financial resources. Also, it’s always worth remembering that the photographer will most often try to arrive before the time of the session because it might be necessary to explore the surroundings or to prepare his equipment before the shoot;
- Sorting & Post-processing. If photography or filming process can take several hours, then the post-processing and sorting part most often will take at least several days or even weeks. Of course, it always depends on the event and its magnitude. Also during the winter, when there are a lot fewer weddings to film or photograph, projects can be processed a lot faster, then in the summer, when several projects may take place simultaneously and processing can take up to more than a month;
- All the little things. Advertising (Google, Facebook, Wedding agencies, etc.), website maintenance and marketing. Meeting (getting to know each other) with the new couple before the wedding. Meeting the new couple repeatedly (if necessary). Counseling new couple through e-mail conversations. Meeting with the new couple after the wedding (delivering the work). Also, I’m trying to always be open for conversation with you and will do my best so we can meet at the most convenient time and place. These all may seem like trivial things, but when they are all summed together, they make a large part of my work, which, of course, also requires it’s own time and resources invested;
- And finally – technical support. As with any master of some trade, we also need own tools without which, we can not work. And to be able to provide our customers with the best quality possible, we can not afford to do our job with a cheap equipment. As you may already know, any professional tools tend to be expensive. As a little secret, I will reveal that some photographers backpack contents can come very close to the price of a long-desired car you might be looking at for some time. And then, of course, there’s still the equipment preventive care we have to invest in regularly. 🙂
Now that we have covered all the pricing factors, we can return to the most important – The Wedding!
I always find it the most difficult task to determine the prices for these beautiful events. In my opinion, any wedding is unique and unrepeatable in its own right, the moments you’ll experience on this day might be some of the most beautiful moments in your lives. This is why capturing this day must be treated as seriously as when you decided to ask the big question, or you said “I Do!” to your second half.
I hope that you will agree with me when I say that I can not charge the same amount from a couple who invited 100 guests at their wedding and the same amount from the couple who decided to marry in front of the few closest people to them. The same rule applies to many other cases – some couples will organize their day in one location, while others choose to arrange a trip across half of the country. It is also very common to hear people search for a photographer or a videographer who will cover “a full day shooting” – and again, while for some this full day might be 9 hours long, for others it is going to be 12, 16 or even 20 hours long. I think you already understood where I’m going with this… 😉
Each and every wedding is special, which is why the prices for both photography and videography services, I am willing to calculate individually. Contact me about your special day, tell me all about your wishes and your planned budget and I will get back to you with prices and possible suggestions on how to plan the day so that we can fit into your desired budget.